The main job of a freight forwarder is to send the goods from the origin to the buyer of the goods who is importing.
To do so, there are several formalities and jobs to do for a freight forwarder.
They usually pick the goods from the supplier, and pack and move it to the ports.
A freight forwarder does the task below.
- Prepares legal documents for the goods.
- Books container or pallet in shipping lines.
- Provides customs brokerage and clearance services.
- Gives warehouse or storage facilities if needed.
- Provides supply chain support.
- Delivers goods to the consignee.